Canceled Line Reset to Pending Approval and Line Quantity Turned to Blank on Denied Purchase Orders
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On denied POs that are changed to be corrected, lines that were previously canceled are set to pending, quantity becomes blank and Merchandise Amount for line becomes 0, with no possibility to re-cancel the line directly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up a default Process Definition for Purchase Orders at the line and header level (or only at the header level). AWE is initialized for the respective Business Unit.
2. In Requester setup, Requisition status is Open.
3. Enable Commitment Control for Purchasing in Installation Options.
4. Log in as the Buyer and create a new PO with 2 items. Submit the PO for approval. Go to View Approvals and check the approval path.
5. Log in as the approver and approve the PO.
6. Log in back again as the buyer. Budget check and dispatch the PO.
7. Add 1 $ to first line price and cancel the second line. Click Yes to the message: “This action will create a Change Order…”. Save the PO.
8. Log in as the approver. Deny the PO with the changed line price.
9. Log in as the buyer. The PO is now denied. Line 1 status is denied. Line 2 status remains “canceled”.
10. Add 1$ to line 1 price. Click Yes to the message: “This action will create a Change Order…” and save.
11. The PO status changes to Pend Appr and the first line is now Pending, the second line remains canceled.
12. If the View Approvals link or Budget Check icon is clicked, then the second line’s status turns from Canceled to Pending and the PO line quantity becomes blank, while the Merchandise Amount becomes 0. The PO can even be saved this way, with blank PO Qty in the second line and with 0 Merchandise Amount.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, on denied POs that are changed to be corrected, lines that were previously canceled are set to pending, with no possibility to re-cancel the line directly, and the PO line quantity becomes blank, while the Merchandise Amount becomes 0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms