EEX 9.2: Select Template Page (TE_TEMPLATE_SELECT) Needs Longer Grid To Display More Lines
(Doc ID 2042253.1)
Last updated on APRIL 10, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Expenses Users are unable to have a proper view of all Template ID available values to choose from when creating a brand new Expense Report, because the Grid present in the Select A Template delivered Page (TE_TEMPLATE_SELECT) is too short, and starting with 3 rows or more, the system already places the scrolling down/up functionality, which means that the Grid does not even display 2 full rows, cutting the SELECT button of the 2nd row in half.
This causes complains from Users that this page is not user-friendly, and causes often mistakes at selection time, because the display of all choices is cumbersome, and insufficient for the amount of Template rows available and configured in the system.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Template
- Create a brand new Template with the following information:
- Set ID = SHARE
- Template = GCSERTMPLT
- Template Type = Expense Report
- Effective Date = January 1st 1900
- Status = Active
- Description = GCS ER Template
- Short Description = GCSERTemp
- Expense Type = Air Travel (at least one value...)
- Save the changes
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Reports > Create/Modify
- Define Employee ID KU0042, and click on ADD button
- Select from the Quick Start drop down list the value 'A Template', and click on GO button
- The system brings the User into the Select A Template Page (TE_TEMPLATE_SELECT)
- Confirm that the Grid displayed cannot even properly show 2 full rows, and is cumbersome to scroll and properly view the valid values should there be dozens of rows to choose from
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Grid present in the Select A Template delivered Page (TE_TEMPLATE_SELECT) is insufficient to properly display the list of potential valid values, making it very difficult for an Employee to choose a value not being able to see all options in a user-friendly manner.
Just like in previous PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM Application Releases, the delivered Grid in the Select A Template delivered Page (TE_TEMPLATE_SELECT) should be able to adapt itself to the number of rows it has to display, allowing a more user-friendly view of the data available. If more than 10 rows are to be shown, then the scroll down/up feature could enter into place.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document