Error "A phone number must be entered for this contact. (12180,16)" when Adding a new Effective Date for a Contact with a Preferred Communication Different From 'Call' and Deleting the Contact Phone Information
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Order Management - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The below error is issued when adding an Effective Date row for a Contact with a Preferred Communication different from 'Call' (navigation: Customers > Contact Information), deleting the Contact Phone Information, and saving. The Contact Phone Information is copied from a previous Effective Date row which has a Preferred Communication set to 'Call'.
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Find a Contact with a Preferred Communication set to 'Call' and Contact Phone Information or modify an existing one and save.
- Insert a new row with a more recent Effective Date.
- Change the Preferred Communication to 'Standard Mail'.
- Delete the Contact Phone Information.
- Save > the error 12180,16 is issued.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms