EEX 9.1: Page TE_SHEET_LINE_DTL Displays ER Line Title Of Line #1, And Details Of ER Line #4 At The Time Of Approvals If Receipt Verified Is Selected
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing the approval of an Expense Report transaction, and clicking on the Expense Type link available to see the details of a specific Expense Report Line, the system brings up the selected Expense Type description as a Header, but all the Line Details displayed in the 'About This Expense' section correspond to a different Transaction Line. To be more specific, the details are from the Expense Report Line whose 'Receipt Verified' flag has been marked, instead of the details of the Expense Report Line whose Expense Type link has been clicked.
This creates confusion at the time of Approvals, and Approver Users could validate a transaction containing mistakes.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Expenses
- Make sure to have the following values selected:
- Workflow Enabled = Y
- Approval List Routing = Y
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Transaction Definition
- Open the existing configuration for Expense Reports, and make sure approval level Expense Manager is selected
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Manage Employee Information > Update Profile
- Open existing Employee ID KU0021
- At the Organizational Data tab, make sure to have defined the below values:
- GL Business Unit = US001
- Department ID = 13000
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Approver Assignment
- For GL Business Unit US001, and Approver Profile EXPENSE MANAGER, define:
- User ID = MGR1
- Department From = 1
- Department To = 97320
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Management > Approval Setup > Privilege Template
- Open the existing Privilege Template for Expense Report, and Expense Manager. Make sure to have the values defined:
- Receipt Required = View
- Receipt Verified = Modify
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Payment Information > Receipt Verification Rule
- Open the existing configuration under Set ID SHARE, and make sure to have the below listed values:
- Receipts Received Flag = Y
- Verify Receipts = Y
- Click on the Business Unit link
- Define Business Unit US001, and save the changes
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Expense Reports > Create
- Define Employee ID KU0021
- Create a brand new Expense Report, with multiple lines, for instance 4, all of them different
- Submit the transaction for approvals
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID MGR1
- Navigate to: Manager Self-Service > Travel and Expense Center > Approvals > Approve Transactions
- Find the submitted Expense Report, open it, and perform the below actions sequentially:
- First: Select the Receipt Verified flag for the last Line of the submitted Expense Report
- Second: Click on the Expense Type link for the first Expense Report Line
- Third: Check if the Expense Detail page is displaying the proper values of the Line selected
- While the Expense Detail summary of the Line properly displays the Expense Type description of Line #1, the ‘About This Expense’ section displays the information of the last Line #4, the one selected with the Receipt Verified flag set to ‘Y’.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
When an Approver tries to review into detail the Expense Report Line selected, the system is displaying the information of the incorrect Line. If not realized on time, the transaction could be fully approved with mistakes in it. Users also get confused when the header mentions one specific Expense Type description, but the details do not correspond to the transaction.
The system should always open, and properly display the transaction details information for the Expense Report Line selected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms