ERS 9.2: Express Search By Keywords Returns Error Message When Using AND / OR Keys
(Doc ID 2043816.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Resource Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Express Search SES based functionality delivered in PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM Resource Management module is not working as per expected when using operands AND, or OR in the Keywords search with multiple defined values. Whenever AND, or OR are being used in the search, the system is throwing an Error Message.
As a workaround, Express Search by Keywords can use '&' instead of 'AND', and '|' instead of 'OR'.
- Enable Oracle SES functionality into the FSCM 9.2 Database eligible for the test
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Search Framework > Designer > Search Definition
- Open delivered Search Definition EP_RS_SRCH_RESOURCES, and make sure to have all configured properly
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Search Framework > Administration > Deploy/Delete Object
- Make sure to successfully deploy Search Definition EP_RS_SRCH_RESOURCES
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Resource Search > Search Configuration
- Open delivered Search Type RSFSR (Express Search/Fulfill Orders), and make sure all is configured properly
- Navigate to: Resource Management > Establish Resources > Maintain Eligibility
- Open existing Employee ID RS00000001, and make sure it is set to 'Yes' for eligibility on staffing
- Navigate to: Resource Management > Maintain Resource Profiles > Profiles
- Open existing Employee ID RS00000001
- At the Work Experience tab, perform the following tasks:
- Find an existing row from section 'Work Experience'
- Click on the Edit button of that row
- At the Work Description field, add the following values: Barcelona Office
- Save the changes
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Search Framework > Administration > Schedule Search Index
- Define a new Run Control ID value, and click on Add button, to select the following options:
- Search Definition = EP_RS_SRCH_RESOURCES
- Full Index = Y
- Base Language = Y
- Click on the Run button, and launch the PSFT_GENFEED Application Engine Program to success
- Navigate to: Resource Management > Express Search
- Define the below search criteria:
- Keywords = BARCELONA AND OFFICE
- Resource Pool = 0000000009
- Availability = 0
- Qualifications = 5
- Preferences = 0
- Business Unit = US001
- Click on 'Search for Resources' button
- The system throws an Error Message, same if User chooses the OR option instead of AND for the entered keywords
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
" Service Exception: Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server : Fault String = EQG17059: Oracle Text syntax error for query pass-through. oracle.search.query.internal.SearchException at oracle.search.query.internal.Instance.getLocalResult(oracle.search.query.internal.Instance:1836) (262,143)
The PeopleCode program executed an Error statement, which has produced this message. "
The Users are unable to perform a proper Express Search by Keywords using multiple values, in conjunction with AND, or OR.
Express Search by Keywords should be able to use AND, OR, and any other accepted key to combine the words targeted for the search using SES functionality.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document