E-PIA: When Multiple Windows are opened, receive error: Updating DOM Unsuccessful: Error - ReferenceError: setPSTouchHandlerDoc is not defined
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Fluid components, and there are links within that open new window tabs (such as WorkCenters), if the user continues to use the application between the two window tabs, they may receive an error in the browser, and the page hangs:
Updating DOM Unsuccessful: Error - ReferenceError: setPSTouchHandlerDoc is not defined
The issue can be reproduced a number of ways. For example:
1. Login to HRMS 9.2 to the Fluid Homepage
2. In the Manager Self Service fluid homepage, click the "Team Performance" tile
3. Select the first employee "Cynthia Adams"
4. In lower left pane, click on "Define Criteria" then "View" underneath it.
5. A new window tab pops up
6. Click on “Home” in that new window tab, then you are back on the Fluid homepage.
7. In the Fluid homepage there, click on “My Team” tile
8. Notice here that in the URL, the session state number following the site name is gone
9. Click on the compensation tab
10. Now go back to previous window in which performance document was opened. Add some manager comments under one of the sections.
11. Hit Save. This first save is successful.
12. Now go to second window and click Home
13. Then click on "My Team"
14. Go back to previous window add some more comments and then hit save. Now if you click ok, it doesn’t save and throws the error.
Scenario B - generic scenario provided by development:
1. Open a fluid component - Created state for window n
2. From that fluid component, launches a work center url - psp - Create another state for window n
3. At a new browser session/tab, bringing up the landing page which triggers creating new window status block so the step2 component status block is not the last.
4. Go to step 2 window tab, perform a server trip that located a duplicate status block that created by step 1 Fluid Component
The key identifying symptom is that the session state number following the site name will either be missing after some navigation, or has the exact same number as a previous window.
The session state number is the number highlighted in bold in the below URL example:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms