EGL9.2: PS_LEDGER_ADB is Populated With Incorrect Balances For Non-Oracle Database For Interunit Journal Posting & For Oracle Database Abended at Step Step GL_ADB_POST.LedgBals.Merge With "ORA-00001: unique constraint" Error
(Doc ID 2044617.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an Interunit Journal is posted, Journal posting process creates incorrect ADB balances in LEDGER_ADB record for all business units except the one processed first in the loop on non-Oracle platform.
On Oracle platform posting process abended at Step Step GL_ADB_POST.LedgBals.Merge with unique constraint error.
Steps to Replicate:
- InterUnit Method is Direct.
- Use Legal Entity for InterUnit is enabled.
- ADB Definition LOCALMTD. Date Code = ADB Date and Period Type = Month to Date.
- InterUnit Template US001 for Transaction Code GENERAL. InterEntity Payable is linked to account 200204 and InterEntity Receibable is linked to account 100204.
- GL business unit MDB01 is linked to InterUnit Template US001 and Legal Entity Unit MDB01.
- GL business unit MDB02 is linked to InterUnit Template US001 and Legal Entity Unit MDB02.
- GL business unit MDB03 is linked to InterUnit Template US001 and Legal Entity Unit MDB03.
- Ledger Group RECORDING is linked to only one ledger (primary ledger LOCAL).
- Setup Ledgers For A Unit for MDB01, MDB02 and MDB03. Ledger group RECORDING. Report Average Balances and Maintain Balances by Date Code is enabled. ADB Calendar = D1. Click on 'View Date Code Map' and define the following:
- JOURNAL_DATE, Post to Ledger and Post to Ledger ADB is enabled.
- SETTLEMENT_DT, only Post to Ledger is enabled.
- ADB_DATE, Only Post to Ledger ADB is enabled.
- Go to tab Journal Post Options and make sure 'Post Adjustment Periods to ADB' is enabled and 'Enable Posting by Date Codes' is disabled.
- Open periods for MDB01, MDB02 and MDB03.
- Make sure PS_LEDGER and PS_LEDGER_ADB are NOT populated.
- Inactivate GL_ADB_POST section LedgBals for Oracle to prevent unique constraint like explained in Doc ID 1920334.1.
- Create a new journal for MDB01.
- Line 1 is for business unit MDB01 and account 100001 with amount -99 USD.
- Line 2 is for business unit MDB02 and account 100002 with amount 49 USD.
- Line 3 is for business unit MDB03 and account 100003 with amount 50 USD.
- Edit journal (online).
- 4 InterUnit lines are generated as expected.
- Business unit MDB01, account 100204, amount 49 and affiliate MDB02.
- Business unit MDB02, account 200204, amount -49 and affiliate MDB01.
- Business unit MDB01, account 100204, amount 50 and affiliate MDB03.
- Business unit MDB03, account 200204, amount -50 and affiliate MDB01.
- Run Post Journals batch process. GL_JP is running to Success.
- PS_LEDGER is populated correctly.
- PS_LEDGER_ADB is populated but not all amounts are correct. For example, business unit MDB01 account 100204 and affiliate MDB02 has amount 147, this should be 49 as in PS_LEDGER.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document