PC_POADJUST Updates Accounting Date In CCA Line In PROJ_RESOURCE More Than Once
Last updated on JULY 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We have found that after closing a purchase order that was not fully utilized, a CCA adjustment row is created by PC_POADJUST as expected. However, when we then close that period and open the following month, the next time PC_POADJUST runs, it updates the accounting date on the older CCA rows, setting the dates to the first available date in the open period. For example, CCAs with accounting dates in October are updated to November 1st the first time PC_POADJUST runs after October has been closed.
There should be no changes to older CCA adjustment rows if there have been no changes to the original POs or Vouchers that led to the CCA row creation, regardless of whether periods are opened or closed later on.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure Open Period Control is enabled on the Project Costing Installation Options.
2. Create a project and activity
3. Create a purchase order against that project and activity and dispatch the PO.
4. Run PC_PO_TO_PC.
5. Create a voucher by copying the PO but then override the amounts/quantities to a lesser amount. Post the voucher
6. Run PC_AP_TO_PC and then PC_POADJUST
7. Close the PO and run PC_POADJUST
8. Close the current period and make the following month the first open period.
9. Run PC_POADUST. The accounting date for the CCA row will be pushed forward to the open period.
Due to this issue, users cannot accurately monitor commitments using accounting dates.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms