LOCATION_SYNC integration fails in CRM when using invalid characters in Location Description field in HCM
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM HelpDesk for HR - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If LOCATION_SYNC is setup between HRMS 9.1 and CRM 9.1, when a special character is added to Location Description field in HRMS, in CRM the following Subscription Contract error occurs:
Error Message = Field is required
Description = You have left a field empty and a value must be entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup LOCATION_SYNC in both HCM and CRM.
2. In HRMS, Navigate to Set Up HRMS > Foundation Tables > Organization > Location, and create a new Location. Verify that the new Location is created in CRM too (Set Up CRM > Common Definitions > Location > Location).
3. Open in Notepad tool the text file included in strange_character.zip archive file;
4. In Notepad, copy the full text (the Spanish word and strange character);
5. In HRMS, navigate to the Location page, open the Location created in Step 2 and paste the copied text in the Location Description field. Note that you will NOT be able to see the special character.
6. Click Save button. The error will occur in CRM when trying to subscribe.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms