EGL9.2: Journal Receives Edit Error "Currency Exchange Rate has not been Defined for the Entered Currency Code/Foreign Currency Code (5860,57) When Exchange Rates have been Defined.
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After editing an inter-unit journal created for transaction between a single ledger BU and a multi-ledger BU, user receives journal header edit error stating "currency exchange rate not defined" even if appropriate market rates are defined.
Once journal edit is completed, journal goes to header error
"Currency Exchange Rate has not been defined for the entered Currency Code/Foreign Currency Code. (5860,57)."
1. Set up below 2 Business units:
- IND01 ( base currency = INR ) with single ledger group RECORDING under SETID IND01.
- AUS01 ( base currency = AUD ) with multiple ledger group RECORDING under SETID AUS01.
2. Define Market Rate via page Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Market Rates > Market Rates.
- From USD to INR ( Rate Type TEST1 )
- From USD to AUD ( Rate Type TEST2 )
3. Create an interunit journal
- IND01 - anchor BU
- AUS01 - non anchor BU
- All journal lines are in USD as foreign currency
- Header Currency Default - Foreign Currency USD, Base Currency INR, Rate Type TEST1.
4. Verify that exchange rates are populated correctly for both primary and secondary ledger lines after journal is saved.
5. Run Journal Edit.
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms