Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If Create Job opening access is not available to the logged in user, the Create Job Opening link should not be displayed on the Search Job Openings page.
As delivered, the HRS_FIND_JOB_OPENING toolbar configuration contains the HRS_CREATE_NEW button and not the HRS_CREATE_JOB_OPENING.
Code in the FindJobOpeningToolbar.Initialize method, called from the component HRS_JO_FIND_JOB.GBL.PostBuild, determines if the HRS_CREATE_JOB_OPENING button should be hidden, not the HRS_CREATE_NEW button.
It checks for permission to the HRS_JO_360_LAUNCH component. If not authorized, it does not hide the HRS_CREATE_NEW button, even if the user has access to HRS_JO_360_LAUNCH or not.
In addition, the method associated with the HRS_CREATE_NEW button triggers a transfer to the HRS_JO_LAUNCH component and page, not HRS_JO_360_LAUNCH.
So, if the user does not have access to HRS_JO_LAUNCH, they receive a "You are not authorized to access this component. (40,20)" error.
Steps to Replicate:
1) The Requirement is that a Hiring Manager can Access Existing job Openings but not Create job Openings. When a Hiring Manager Navigates to Search for a job Opening, the Create Job Opening button should be hidden. To do this a permission list needs to be created that does not have access to the Create Job Opening Page Under the HRS_JO_LAUNCH Component.
2) Log in as PS and Clone permission list HCCPRS1040 to HCCPRS1040TMP:
3) Remove access to the Create Job Opening page for permission list HCCPRS1040TMP:
4) Remove the HCCPRS1040 permission from the Hiring Manager role and add HCCPRS1040TMP:
5) Make sure the new permission list is there and hit save:
6) Log off, clear out the browser cache, and log back in as a Hiring Manager (HCRUSA_KU0011).
7) Navigate to Main Menu=>Recruiting=>Search Job Openings:
8) And click on Create Job Opening.
9) This is what the hiring manager will see:
10) When the Create Job Opening button is visible, even though the Hiring Manager does not have Permission, the Delivered code is Looking at the Wrong Button to Hide. Here is the delivered toolbar Button Configuration for HRS_FIND_JOB_OPENING:
11) Here is the name for the Create New Job Openings button:
12) It is looking at the wrong button (looking at HRS_CREATE_JOB_OPENING and not HRS_CREATE_NW).
ERROR: "You are not authorized to access this component. (40,20)" error. When a user does not have access to HRS_JO_LAUNCH, this error is received.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms