Fluid Pages are Slower than Classic Pages when Data is Contained in Spell Check System Dictionary.
(Doc ID 2052752.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.54 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Fluid pages are comparatively much slower than classic page. Performance is slower loading the pages when data is in the Spell Check System Dictionary.
Tracesql files from Fluid pages shows this SQL statement taking 18 seconds to return 20K rows.
SELECT SCOPRID, SCLANG, SCWORD, SCNEGWORDFLG FROM PSSCWORDDEFN ORDER BY SCOPRID, SCLANG, SCWORD
The SQL statement contains no WHERE clause and therefore no ability to use Indexes.
Truncating the record and reloading the data does not improve the performance.
The slowdown is unacceptable and customer is looking for a way to optimize performance.
Issue was originally replicated on HCM 9.2 PI 12 PT8.54.07.
1. Insert 20K rows into the record PSSCWORDDEFN
2. Login to environment in Fluid mode > Manager Self Service > click any tile such as Company Directory
Wait 18 seconds for load of page
3. Login to environment in Classic mode > click Company Directory
Wait 14 seconds for load of page
4. Delete all 20K rows from PSSCWORDDEFN
5. Results: login using Fluid mode > Manager Self Service > loads in 4 seconds
6. Results: login using Classic mode > click Company Directory > loads in 6 seconds
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document