ETL9.2: What is the Purpose of the Adhoc Approval Group, if Ad Hoc Approvers Don't Have Approval Routed to Them?
(Doc ID 2053738.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
What is the point of the Adhoc Approval Groups on the TRC Setup?
I have a custom Approval Definition ID using a SQL Object User List for my Managers/Timekeepers that also has a TLAPPRV Static Group identifying additional User's that I wish to have AdHoc Approval Access for. When the Time is reported, only the User's associated with the Approval Definition ID were given approval access to the Reported Time. All User's associated with the AdHoc Approval Access Group were not granted Approval Access, why not?
Approval definition and also using adhoc approval group for reported time approvals, the adhoc approver (s) are not shown in approval monitor. I would expect that the adhoc approver's would appear in the approval monitor list they do not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. workgroup does not use approval
2. setup TRC with approval definition TLBySupervisorId, and an ad hoc approval user list with two other employees are also specified
3. report time as an employee in the workgroup to the TRC setup with approvals
4. login as supervisor and open the approval monitor, only the supervisor name appears
5. access approval monitor from the timesheet (employee) to see who should approve time in supervisors absence, but no other approver is listed.
Employee doesn't know who to notify to approve their time, no way to tell from the approval monitor who the other approver's are in the absence of the supervisor.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document