EGL9.2: Possible to Leave Intraunit Group Chartfields Blank When Assigning Intraunit Groups on the Journal Entry Line Page.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Inter/IntraUnit
When you click to Assign Intraunit groups on the Journal Entry line page, you can leave the values for the balancing chartfields blank.
This create intraunit lines using these blank chartfields.
Shouldn't the system force you to enter values for these fields since they are defined as balancing chartfields and you don't want to balance to blanks (at least a warning message)?
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Make sure Ledger Group is balanced by Fund Code.
- Combo Edit is setup where Fund Code is a required chartfield.
- Enter an Intraunit Journal (line 1 and 2 have a different Funde Code).
- Run online journal edit and Intraunit lines are created as expected.
- Now, click on the Inter/IntraUnit button to open the Inter/IntraUnit Groups section. The lines are now assigned IU group 1. Don't key in any values for your anchor chartfields.
- Edit Journal and now it uses the blank values as the anchor for the intraunit line creation.
- If you click the Inter/IntraUnit button you must define the values that you want to use as the anchor. Define the values for anchor values and edit (re-edit) and the correct intraunit lines are created. It should warn/stop you from leaving it blank, but it doesn't.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users have to do additional work to correct these lines when they occur incorrectly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms