E-PORTAL: URL Query String Parameters Lost on Login If 'Allow Public Access' is Enabled
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If Allow Public User is enabled, and a user (without logging in first) goes to a component URL that the Public User does not have access to, a login screen with error 'You have requested a secure resource. Please signon with your User ID and Password.' appears. So far so good. But if the user then logs in at that login screen, any query string parameters in the URL are lost.
- Configure the site with 'Allow Public Access' enabled in the Web Profile
- User accesses URL: http://server/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/MAINTAIN_SECURITY.ACCESS_CNTRL_LISTX.GBL?CLASSID=PTPT1200
- The public user does not have access to that component, so they see a login page with error 'You have requested a secure resource. Please signon with your User ID and Password.'
- User logs in on that login page
- The component loads but the query string parameter ?CLASSID=PTPT1200 is lost. Instead, the user is sent to the search page with URL:
If Allow Public Access is not enabled (or if the Allow Public Access User does not exist), then it works fine. In other words, after the user logs in at step 4 above, they see the query string parameter ?CLASSID=PTPT1200 retained, and the PTPT1200 permission list is displayed to the user.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms