Succession 360 Page Continues “Spinning” After Opening a Succession Plan That Has Candidates Listed, and Links on the Page are Unresponsive
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Succession Planning - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In HCM 9.1, after adding a person to a succession plan using Maintain Succession Plans page, the plan does not load properly in the Succession Plan 360 page, and the following occurs:
If at least one person is listed as a succession candidate for a plan, after selecting the plan from the Succession Plan 360 search page, the page opens, but the processing icon in the upper right just keeps "spinning". (It was still spinning after 20 minutes.) While the icon is spinning, other links on the page do not work - for example, Return to Search, View Profile, Manage Job Code, View Succession Plan History, Manage Succession Plan are all unresponsive.
The page should open, the processing icon should disappear, and all links on the page should respond when selected.
In the Succession Plan 360 page, while most links are unresponsive, if you click on the incumbent's name the incumbent's profile will open in a separate window.
The plans all open correctly from 'Maintain Succession Plan page."
1. In DEMO environment, navigate to Organizational Development > Succession Planning > Succession 360
2. Select Succession Plans
3. Enter search criteria 'KU'.
4. Click the "Select" button for any plan.
5. Page is displayed, but the processing icon continues to appear in motion, and links on the page are unresponsive.
6. Notice that the number of successors for the incumbent shown in the org chart is greater than 0.
7. If the plan opens successfully and stops spinning, notice that the number of successors is 0.
8. To successfully load a plan in Succession 360, go to Maintain Succession Plan and delete the candidates listed for the plan.
9. Return to Succession 360 and see that the page now opens and stops spinning and links are active.
Note: This issue could not be replicated in HCM 9.2.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms