PC Manual Transaction Assignment Mishandles Transactions For Activities Not Related To An Asset
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Manual Transaction Assignment page in Project Costing Assets can assign transactions for activities not related to an asset which should not happen.
When the manual transaction assignment page is used to assign project transactions to an asset, the page will initially load transactions for all activities within the project if the user does not set up a filter to exclude unrelated activities.
If the user just clicks the Assign Transactions button, they receive a warning that the asset is not related to an activity. The message also says the transactions for that activity will not be included by PC_AM. However, if the user then clicks OK, the next message that indicates how many rows and the total amount will be assigned to the asset incorrectly includes the transactions for the unrelated activity.
The Assign Transactions page should not include transactions for activities that are not related to the asset. Further, the message indicating the number and total amount of transactions that are assigned is wrong. Due to this issue, users may believe that the wrong transactions will be capitalized.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a project with two activities and set up the asset integration rules to use manual capitalization.
- Define an asset in Project Costing.
- Relate the project and one of the activities to that asset.
- Add cost transactions to both activities.
- Go to the Assign Transactions page and notice that all the transactions entered are present even though only one activity was related to the asset.
- Click Assign Transactions - the user will receive a warning that the asset is not related to one of the activities.
- Click OK, the next message shows the number of rows and total amounts to be assigned to the activity. These include the transactions for the unrelated activity.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms