EAM: Supplemental Data Displayed in Alphabetical Order Instead of Sequence Order
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In release 9.2 Demo, PUM Image 12, the prompt values for a Code field in Supplemental Data do not use the sequence number in the Define Record Field Detail page. Instead, the values are listed in alphabetical order.
The sort order displayed is inconsistent with how it was setup, so is confusing to the users.
Steps to replicate:
1. Go to Enterprise Components, Supplemental Data, Define Record:
Record: CONDITION, Status: In Design, Base Record: ASSET, Data Store Record: AM_ASSET_SD
On the Fields Detail tab, enter 4 codes:
1 = NEW
2 = BRKN
3 = POOR
4 = FAIR
NOTE THE ORDER of the Codes by Sequence Number
2. Go back and Change Record to Activated.
3. Go to Enterprise Components, Supplemental Data, Define Display Group:
Sequence 1 - Record CONDITION, Field name ASSET_CONDITION
4. Assign Display Group – Add Condition Display Group with no criteria
5. Go to Basic Add, Select asset 000000000001 in BU US001. Go to the Asset Supplemental Data tab. Select the Asset Condition Drop Down Menu – Notice that the code values are NOT in sequence order, they are in alphabetical order.
Expected the results to be displayed in the order created ( 1 = NEW, 2 = BRKN, 3 = POOR, 4 = FAIR)
The results are displayed in alphabetical order: BRKN, FAIR, NEW, POOR
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms