Performance Issue When Creating Change Order on a Purchase Order Associated to a Large Contract
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Performance Issue when Creating Change Order on a Large Contract PO
The System times out while Saving post changes on a PO created from Procurement Contracts
Steps to replicate the issue:
1. Create a new Contract Single PO Only
2. Header Details. Begin Date as 1/1/2015 and End Date as 12/31/2019, this will create 60 Contract Releases.
3. Add PO Defaults for the contract
4. Create special request 30 contract lines.
5. Add the schedule details for every line
6. Save and Approve the Contract
7. Click on Contract Releases to Populate and stage lines
8. Populate release template and Stage releases.
9. It will Populate 60 Release and then click Stage.
10. Save your Contract and Go to Main Menu> Purchasing> Purchase Orders> Stage/Source Requests> PO Auto Sourcing to Source the Contract Line to a PO.
11. Run the process and check the PO
12. Get the PO details from the Contract
13. Check the associated PO ID in Purchasing, Click the search button. The PO ID comes in the search result quickly but when you click PO ID in the search result to open the PO it spins a bit (60+ seconds) to open the PO.
14. Now the business wants to create a change order\changes on the line.
For eg., Update Line 1 Receiving tab Receiving Required as “Do Not”
15. And Now Click SAVE. The system spins and times out. It’s not letting the user save the changes.
1. Count(*) on PS_PO_LINE is 30
2. Count(*) on PS_PO_LINE_SHIP is 1800 (60 Contract Release for every line)
The page just times out and does not allow any changes on the Purchase Order.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms