EAP: Payment Post (AP_PSTPYMNT) Creates Realized Gain/Loss Entries for Multi Currency Vouchers With no Change in Exchange Rate
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 8.8 to 9 [Release 8.8 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payment Post (AP_PSTPYMNT) process creates Realized Gain/Loss entries when the Voucher has multiple currencies even though there is no change in the exchange rate between Voucher and Payment.
1. Select Posting Method as Detail Offset on Payables Installation Options.
2. Select Currency Balancing Option as 'Balance by Base Currency only' on General Ledger Definition > Currency Options page.
3. BU base currency is USD and transaction currency is KES.
4. Create a Voucher in KES currency where the Business Unit Base currency is USD.
5. Post the Voucher.
6. Pay the Voucher in KES currency with no change in the exchange rate.
7. Post the Payment.
Realized Gain/Loss entries should not be created as there is no change in the exchange rate.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms