Manager Self Service Ad Hoc Salary Change Not Updating the Comp Rate Although a Job Row is Inserted
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an Ad Hoc Salary Change is submitted via Manager Self Service, the Comprate on Job Data is not updated even though a new Effdt row with the correct action of “Pay” and the correct action reason is inserted.
Behavior does not occur in Classic when "Personnel Administrator" role is granted to the User ID: "PS" in demo.
1. In Demo, login as User ID: PS. Then, change the Workflow Configuration to “Allow DB Update” and turned OFF “Approval Process”.
2. Ensure that the Web Profile Configuration settings has the “Disabled Fluid Mode” and “Disable Fluid On Desktop” both turned OFF. This is to make sure that Fluid mode is turned on in your demo. Navigation: Main Menu > PeopleTools > Web Profile > We b Profile Configuration.
3. Sign out as PS.
4. Sign in as Betty Locherty (User ID: HCRUSA_KU0007 ) in demo. Please note, we have the Oracle-PeopleSoft delivered Fluid interface turned on for Fluid Desktop, so the navigation/pages look different than the classic pages.
5. Navigated to NavBar > Navigator > Manager Self Service > Compensation and Stock > Request Ad Hoc Salary Change, once on the page, select employee: Adam Ziglar.
6. In the subsequent Request Ad Hoc Salary Change (Compensation Details step) page that opens, enter New Amount (e.g. 14,000) and then tab out.
7. Then click Next and the subsequent page (Review and Submit step) should open.
8. Once the subsequent page (Review and Submit step) opens, click Submit to submit the transaction.
The message that your request has been successfully submitted should appear:
9. Sign out as HCRUSA_KU0007 (Betty Locherty).
10. Sign back on as the User ID: PS.
11. Navigate to Job Data: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data and on the Search Criteria, enter Name = “Adam Ziglar” and then click Search.
12. When the Work Location page opens, validate that the effective date and the action / action reason are the same that you selected earlier. Then, tab over to the “Compensation” tab.
13. Then, tab over to the “Compensation” tab. The Comp Rate should be updated to what you entered earlier as a Manager. But the Comprate has not changed. It still shows the old value.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms