ETL9.x: Timesheet Leave Balance Rounded And Allowed Entry Of .10 Hours Greater Than Balance
Last updated on JULY 13, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
DESCRIPTION OF SUGGESTED ENHANCEMENT:
Increase the size of PS_TL_COMPLEAV_TBL.END_BAL from 3 decimal places to 6 to match the benefits hours field size to avoid rounding
Base Benefits Leave Accrual process populates the PS_TL_COMPLEAV_TBL when the Leave Accrual process is run. It is rounding the value for the END_BAL column. The end balance in the PS_LEAVE_ACCRUAL table calculates to 4.399693 hours. When the Leave Accrual process populates the
PS_TL_COMPLEAV_TBL.END_BAL it rounds 4.399693 to 4.40 hours even. This then allows an employee to go negative by the rounded amount .10 if they report the addition tenth of an hour on their timesheet.
Employee should not be allowed to go negative by a fraction of an hour and/or Leave Accrual process should not round up the leave accrual ending balance when populating the ps_tl_compleav_tbl.end_bal field.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. set up leave plan that accrues 4.399693 hours every month, the leave plan is setup to not allow negatives
2. run the leave accrual process which populates the leave balance with 4.399693 hours available and populates the ps_tl_compleav_tbl with an end bal of 4.400
3. employee reports 4.40 hours of leave on timesheet
4. no exception generated and payable time hours of 4.40 are created
5. load time to payroll
6. no error from payroll to keep employee from going negative
Due to this issue, employees are paid for leave hours that put them negative when no negatives are allowed on the leave plan.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms