Last updated on APRIL 18, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Problems Sourcing Requisitions Since Turning on Vertex
We have been running Epro/Purchasing for years without issue but now that we are in the process of implementing Vertex we are getting sourcing errors frequently during our testing.
We are unable to source a taxable and nontaxable item to the same PO without getting error 36. If we do all line items taxable or line items nontaxable we do not get the error.
Sourcing Error 36 "Sales/Use Tax Default Information is Missing"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Vertex turned on in Installation options and on the PO business unit.
2. Create a requisition with 2 items one taxable and one non-taxable. Both lines are shipping to the same location ‘300107’. * we do not use inventory*
3. Requisition is available for sourcing. Go to Main Menu-> eProcurement->Buyer Center-> Quick Source Requisitions and run the sourcing process.
4.I watch the status in ‘Run Results’ tab and get an error on the nontaxable line.
5. Now I change the status to “Reset Req and Purge”. I check the PO and see only 1 line.
6. I do not change any setup and I rerun the sourcing job.
7. This time the non taxable line sources without any error. This non taxable line sources onto a different PO.
No setup has changed so another clue that the first error message in not correct
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms