EEX 9.1: Send Back For Revision Pre Pay Auditor Comments At Expense Report Level Not Displayed If Action User Differs From Comments User
Last updated on OCTOBER 30, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An issue has been detected within Expenses Approval Workflow, with the Expense Report Comments not being properly displayed in View or Modify Mode when the transaction has been Send Back For Revision. This happens when the below criteria are met:
- The Approval Level in question consists of a Pool of Users (such as Pre Pay Auditor level having multiple Users defined at the Approver Assignment set up page)
- The Pre Pay Auditor User ID entering the Approval Comments is not the same User ID as the Pre Pay Auditor User later on taking the approval action (such as Send Back For Revision)
When the above conditions are met, the Expense Report gets returned to the Employee owner of the transaction, but there are no justification comments being displayed as to why it has been sent back, nor what may need to be corrected before re-submission takes place again.
- Activate Expense Report approvals for HR Supervisor, and Pre Pay Auditor
- At the Approver Assignment set up page, define a pool of Users that will be acting as Pre Pay Auditors (such as User IDs EXS2, and EXS3)
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as an Expenses User, such as User ID EXA1
- Create, and submit, and brand new Expense Report transaction
- Confirm that the Expense Report has been routed to the HR Supervisor, and have it approved at that level
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXS2 (one of the Pre Pay Auditors), open the routed Expense Report, add some value in the Comments section, and Save the Changes
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXS3 (the other Pre Pay Auditor), open the affected Expense Report, confirm that the comments entered by the previous User are present, and click on Send Back For Revision
- Proceed to log into the FSCM Online Application as the Expenses User owner of the affected Expense Report
- Navigate via the online application, and open the Expense Report whether in View or Modify mode
- Confirm that the Expense Report status is Pending, but that the Send Back For Revision and its related comments are not displayed as they should
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
There is no way for the Expense Report owner to see why the transaction is in Pending status, as the Send Back For Revision action is not being reflected at the top of the screen as it should be, nor the comments justifying the action. As such, the Employee is confused as to what is the reason why the transaction has not passed the approvals required, and what may need to be changed/updated/modified, before re-submitting the transaction once again. This can potentially delay the approvals process, and subsequently, the reimbursement payments.
Regardless of who has entered or even later updated the Comments section at the time of Approvals, these need to always be properly displayed and be viewable for the Employee. If the User that has entered the Comments is also the person who took the Approval action of Send Back For Revision, the data gets properly displayed online. This should also be the case in the eventual scenario that the User adding the Comments does not correspond with the User taking the approval action (Approve, Deny, Send Back For Revision, etc...).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms