EEX 9.2: First operand of . is NULL People Code Error Displayed on Add Attendee Page Off Of Expense Sheet Approval Page
(Doc ID 2062297.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After submitting an expense sheet with and Expense Type requiring Attendees, the Approver pulls up the page and clicks on the line item and gets to the 'Details' page where they then click on the 'Add Additional Attendees' link. This launches a sub-page that neither allows for adding additional attendees or lets you exit the page - it throws the following PeopleCode error
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member TXN_AMOUNT_OVR. (180,236) EX_SHEET_APPR.GBL.EX_ICLIENT_WRK.OK_LEVEL1_PB.FieldChange PCPC:8766 Statement:151
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make sure HR supervisor is enabled in Transaction definition.
2. For HR supervisor profile, check Change all check box for expense report giving all permissions for HR supervisor to modify the report.
3. Create and submit an expense report with expense type Dinner.
4. As HR supervisor and open the report and click on dinner expense type.
5. Click on add attendees and click on ok on the add attendee page and note that the above error message is displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document