EAP: 1099 Correction File is erroneously including Vendors with only an Address Change
(Doc ID 2063479.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Have 2 1099 Vendors which are appearing on the 2014 IRS Tax file. Withholding Sent File process has been run. 1st Vendor has a 1099 correction entered for 2014. 2nd Vendor does not have a 1099 correction for 2014 but has a new Effective Dated Address added for 2015.
1099 processes are run in order to create a 1099 Correction file for 2014 for the 1st Vendor. IRS Tax file has the 1st Vendor with the correct 1099 amount but the 2nd Vendor is also appearing in the file with the new Address for 2015, which is incorrect.
If the “Use Report Date For Vendor” box is not checked for the 1099 Report Post process, then the 2nd Vendor should not be appearing in the Correction file with the new address for 2015.
The 2nd Vendor should only be appearing in the Correction file with the new address for 2015 if the “Use Report Date For Vendor” box is checked.
1. Create a manual Withholding Adjust for 3 different 1099 Vendors -- Vendor 1, Vendor 2 and Vendor 3
2. Run the 1099 processes with Fiscal Year = 2014, “Include Manual Overrides” box checked and “Use Report Date For Vendor” box not checked
3. Run the Withhold Sent process
4. For Vendor 1, add a new Address Detail with an Effective Date = 08/01/2014
5. For Vendor 2, add a new Address Detail with an Effective Date = 01/01/2015
6. For Vendor 3, add a new manual Withholding Adjustment for 2014
7. Run the 1099 processes with the “Include Manual Overrides” box checked and “Use Report Date For Vendor” box not checked
8. Check the IRS Correction file
9. All 3 Vendors are appearing in the file, which is incorrect
10. Only Vendor 1 and Vendor 3 should be appearing in the correction file
a. Vendor 1 will appear in the file since the new Address Detail Effective Date = 08/01/2014
b. Vendor 3 appear in the file since a new manual Withholding Adjustment was added for 2014
11. Vendor 2 should not appear in the file since the new Address Detail added has an Effective Date = 01/01/2015, which is after the Fiscal Year = 2014 and the “Use Report Date For Vendor” box is not checked
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!