Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Functionality
When using a 15 digit project ID, the auto numbering using "NEXT" is not working as expected
When using a 15 digit project ID, the auto numbering using "NEXT" should work as expected creating project id's with correct numbers.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Set up Financial Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options - Project Costing. Change the "Last Project ID" field as 100000000001000. Assuming a 15 digit project id is being used
2. Add a new Project using the default value in the Add page. Notice that the expectation of the project id is 100000000001001. But the Project ID created is 0000000000000-2
3. The expectation for the field "Last Project ID" in Set up Financial Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options - Project Costing is 100000000001001. But is is 99999999999999. This is incorrect
4. Now try adding another project without changing anything.
5. This results in the following error:
"Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2)
When adding a new item to the database, the system found a conflicting item already exists.
This problem can happen if another user has entered similar information at the same time as you. Note the changes you have made, cancel the page, then retry your changes.
If the problem persists, it may be because of an application or other programming error and should be reported to technical support staff.
This error occurs when the keys on the record being inserted match a record that is already in the database. The application must ensure that each inserted record has unique keys."
When using 14 or less number of digits as last project ID, then the application is working as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms