Error ( 17000, 4900) when modifying absences for absence request days before the From date on the Absence Request page
Last updated on JUNE 24, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For the below transaction why are the comments are not saved ?
Below are the steps to replicate:
1. Navigate: Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Management > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Absence Event
2. Search for any employee.
3. Note the From Date which is appearing. (Example Date is 18-June-2015 ).
4. Now, reduce the From date. (make it as 15-June-2015).
5. Apply an absence request so that begin date is less than original From date captured in Step 3 and end date of absence is greater than the From date captured in Step 3.
6. Save the absence request.
7. Navigate to same component again for this emplid. (Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Management > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Absence Event).
8. Click Refresh.
9. The absence request is still there which we added in Step 5.
10. Click on Details and add comments.
11. Save, this causes an error on the page
Absence Event Begin Date and End are not within the range of the From Date and the Through Date. (17000,4900)
Both the Absence Take Begin Date and End Date must fall within the range of the From Date and the Through Date."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms