When Canceling a Purchase Order (PO) While PO Dispatch is Running on the PO Can Cause PO Header Status to be Dispatched, and Line Status(s) Canceled, Or Error ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource Error on line 83
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Three potential issues can occur when a PO is cancel while it is in process by PO Dispatch.
- PO Dispatch will go to Error in the Process Monitor with the following message in the log: Begin Job:14-OCT-2015 08:50:02.000000_PM
(SQR 5528) ORACLE OCIStmtExecute error 60 in cursor 182:
ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
Error on line 83:
(SQR 3735) Could not execute SQL.
SQR for PeopleSoft: Program Aborting.
- User canceling the PO will get the following error:
Page data is inconsistent with database. (18,1)
Usually the PO will be dispatched correctly.
- Both process will complete successfully, but the PO header status will be Dispatched, but the PO Line status(s) will be Canceled.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a new PO, ready for dispatch
2) Schedule PO Dispatch
3) Open the PO and click the Cancel icon as PO Dispatch process begins to run
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms