EAR9.2: Partial Payment is Not Getting Posted To General Ledger for The Invoices Having Only VAT Amount With Commitment Control Turned On
(Doc ID 2067269.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Payment Processing
Partial payment on VAT only invoice does not post to the GL.
Partial payment on VAT only invoice should post to the GL.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Verify commitment control is turned ON for AR/BI. Navigation: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain, Install, Installation Options.
- Modify budget definition for CC_REV. Navigation: Commitment Control, Define Control Budgets, Budget Definitions. Un-check 'entries must balance' and remove Product as a key.
- Enter a new budget journal for Unit 'CAN01', ledger group 'CC_REV' and Post budget journal. Control Chartfield is Department. Navigation: Commitment Control, Budget Journals, Enter Budget Journals.
- Verify that cash control method is set to 'Payment Entry' in Receivables Business Unit Definition. Navigation: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain, Business Unit Related, Receivables, Receivables Definition, Accounting Options 2.
- Create a VAT/GST only Invoice and changed the Invoice status to 'RDY'. Navigation: Main Menu, Billing, Maintain Bills, Express Billing.
- Trigger the Single Action with Commitment Control Invoice process (BIJOB03K). Navigation: Main Menu, Billing, Generate Invoices, Non-Consolidated, Single Action Invoice.
- AR Group ID got created. Verified the same in Navigation: Main Menu, Accounts Receivable, Group Entry.
- Run the Receivables Update process to post the Item. Navigation: Menu, Accounts Receivable, Receivables Update, Request Receivables Update. Accounting Entries available in the ITEM_DST_CC_VW SQL View table.
- Verify the Outstanding Payments. Navigation: Main Menu -> Accounts Receivable -> Customer Accounts -> Customer Information -> Outstanding Payments.
- Review Revenue Estimate results, Status is Processed and Budget Status is Valid. Navigation: Accounts Receivable, Receivables Update, Revenue Estimates, Review Transactions by Item.
- Review Budget recognized revenue updated. Navigation: Commitment Control, Review Budget Activities, Budget Details.
- Create a Express Deposit for Partial Payment and applied to the Item. Navigation: Main Menu, Accounts Receivable, Payments, Online Payments, Express Deposit. Run the Receivables Update process to update the Payment to Customer Accounts.
- Verified ITEM_DST table. Payment did not get posted to GL and GL_DISTRIB_STATUS='N'.
- Verified AR_CC_TRAN_HDR (Revenue Estimate AR Commitment Control Header table). BUDGET_HDR_STATUS='N', ARRE_STATUS='E';
- Verified the Accounting Entries in the ITEM_DST_CC_VW table. Payment entries does not exists.
- Verified the KK_TRANS_LOG (KK Transaction Log) table. Data does not exist.
Note: The above transaction is getting posted to General Ledger without any errors when the Commitment Control is not enabled or when complete/full payment is applied for the same GST only Invoices.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document