Why Planned Purchase Orders Are Created when Material Stock Requests (MSR) Are Picked/Shipped but Not Depleted Yet from Non-Nettable Locations
(Doc ID 2069928.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Supply Planning - Version 8.8 SP1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You observe that the 'MRP Solver' process (PL_RUN_MRP) (navigation: Supply Planning. Solve Plan, Initiate Material Solver) creates Planned Purchase Orders when Material Stock Requests (MSR) are created and picked/shipped but not depleted yet and the quantity is picked from non-Nettable Storage Locations. Why is that?
Steps to replicate the issue:
- Create two Storage Locations, one Nettable and one non-Nettable.
- Configure two new Items for Supply Planning and set a Safety Stock for each Item to 15.
- Putaway a quantity of 50 for the first Item to the Nettable Location and a quantity of 50 for the second Item to the non-Nettable Location.
- Perform an Express Issue of 40 for both Items, but don't deplete the quantities yet.
- Perform the Planning Cycle and run the PL_RUN_MRP and observe a Planned Purchase Order of 5 for the Item issued from the Nettable Storage Location (expected) and a Planned Purchase Order of 55 for the Item issued from the non-Nettable Location (UNEXPECTED).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document