Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Expense Report
Expense Overage Accounting - accounting detail amounts are incorrect.
When lodging My Wallet transaction was brought into expense and receipt split was used, the lodging amount was changed incorrectly. It appears that the system has applied the Meals per diem to Lodging and adjusted based on that.
Accounting details must be correct when overage accounting is used and my wallet item is split with another per-diem expense type
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define per diem lodging as hotel expense type with location amount table selected as the table.
2. Define Breakfast as per diem expense type with location amount table selected. Make sure location amounts are populated for Boston location for both Breakfast and Perdiem lodging.
3. Under installation options select overage accounting.
4. For BU US001, BU options, select allow overage amounts.
5. Make sure to have hotel/lodging expense type in mywallet.
6. Create an expense report and select the hotel/lodging expense type from mywallet.
7. Before bringing it into the expense report click on the expense type link to change the expense type from Hotel/lodging to perdiem lodging.
8. Enter the location as Boston and click on detail for the perdiem Lodging expense type line item.
9. Now enter number of nights as 2 and enter description and click on accounting details and note that there are 2 lines, one for anchor line and another overage line (these amounts are correct).
10. Now split the line with breakfast and note that location amount has been populated, now change it to another amount greater than the location amount.
11. Check the accounting details for breakfast line and note that there are 2 accounting lines one for perdiem amount and another for overage.
12. Now check the accounting line for the first line perdiem lodging and they have incorrect amounts.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, accounting entries generated are not right when the wallet item is split with perdiem expense type
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms