Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.52 to 8.52 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Summary: Unable to switch between Related Content Services if the Components involved have Related Content pointing to each other.
For example, define 3 Related Content Services:
I) Pointing to "WO Completion": Menu.Component: MANAGE_WORK_ORDER.WM_WO_ACT
II) Pointing to "Work Order": Menu.Component: MANAGE_WORK_ORDER.WM_WO
III) Pointing to "Technician Workbench": Menu.Component: EXECUTE_WORK_ORDER.WM_WOE_WB1
Assigne the above 3 Related Content Services:
I) Assigned "Work Order" and "Technician Workbench" related content services to "WO Completion" content reference.
II) Assigned "WO Completion" and "Technician Workbench" related content services to "Work Order" content reference.
So "Work Order" has a related content service that pointed to "WO Completion".
And vice versa, "WO Completion" has a related content service that pointed back to "Work Order".
- Navigate to: Maintenance Management > Work Order Management > Work Order Completion
- Open any existing work order
- Click on "Related Content" drop-down, select "Work Order"
- The Related Content Frame should open normally, with the correct component shown
- Now click on "Related Content" drop-down, and select the other Related Content link "Technician Workbench"
- Again the correct component shown should display in the bottom frame
- Now here is the problem step
- Click on "Related Content" drop-down again, and select the original Related Content link of "Work Order"
At the final replication step, the bottom frame shows that the tab highlighted is "Work Order", but the page itself does not refresh to show the proper component, and is still displaying the component for "Technician Workbench". In effect, the user would be unable to switch between the different Related Contents after accessing them the first time. It doesn't matter if the user was using the Related Content drop-down, or with the page tabs in the Related Content Frame. Clicking on the other Related Content does not change the Related Content Frame content itself.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms