EPC: When Project Security Is Implemented, Projects Cannot Be Displayed When Creating Project From A Template. User Receives Message - "Project ID "XXXXX" cannot be accessed by the current user due to Security.
(Doc ID 2071802.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 27, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Tree-based Project-level security is enabled for the system. In this configuration, When creating the project from a template, the following message is displayed after clicking the Create button and before the project can be displayed.
- Create a Template project 'XYZ' and associate it to the Tree "US004_PROJECTS" under the node "ALL_US004" in the demo
- Set up Financial Supply Chain > Security > Security Options. Select "Permission List Level Security". Select Project Check box and Proj Security Type: "Select from Tree".
- Set up Financial Supply Chain > Security > Project Security. For VP1, ALLPAGES is the permission for row-level security. Associate the tree "US004_PROJECTS". Provide full access to the node "ALL_US004" using the Project manager role
- Main Menu > Project Costing > Project Definitions > General information (Add a new value): Business Unit = US004, Project = NEXT, Create = Project from Template
- Provide Template information and start date and proceed with creating the project
- You will receive the message "Message: Project ID "XXXXX" cannot be accessed by the current user due to Security. Project access is controlled by row-level security.
- The expectation is to display the project general for this project as this is the first time they are creating the project and then allow the user to add the project to the relevant Project tree so that the user can further access this project.
When the users create a blank project (not from the template), the users are given the option of adding the project themselves to the Project Tree. This kind of flexibility should be given to the user even when creating the project from a template.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document