When Project Security Is Implemented, Projects Cannot Be Displayed When Creating Project From A Template. User Receives Message - "Project ID "XXXXX" cannot be accessed by the current user due to Security.
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Need ER request for the following Functional process flow.
On : 9.1 version, Messages
The Tree based Project level sec-urity is enabled for the system.
When creating the project from a template, the following message is displayed after clicking the Create button and before the project can be displayed:
Message: Project ID "110488" cannot be accessed by the current user due to Security. Project access is controlled by row level security.
When creating the project from a template, the user should be able to given access to the Project general component so that they can add the project to the Project Tree themselves. When you create a blank project directly and not from template, the user can create the project and add to the project tree using Project Costing Definition tab.
1. Create a Template project 'XYZ' and associate it to the Tree "US004_PROJECTS" under the node "ALL_US004" in demo
2. Set up Financial Supply Chain > Sec-urity > Security Options. Select "Permission List Level Sec-urity". Select Project Check box and Proj Security
Type: as "Select from Tree"
3. Set up Financial Supply Chain > Security > Project Sec-urity. For VP1, ALLPAGES is the permission for row level sec-urity. Associate the tree "US004_PROJECTS". Provide full access the node "ALL_US004" using Project manager role
4. Main Menu > Project Costing > Project Definitions > General information (Add a new value): Business Unit = US004, Project = NEXT, Create = Project from Template
5. Provide Template information and start date and proceed with creating the project
6. You will receive the message "Message: Project ID "XXXXX" cannot be accessed by the current user due to Sec-urity. Project access is controlled by row level sec-urity.
7. The expectation is to display the project general for this project as this is the first time they are creating the project and then allow the user to add the project to the relevant Project tree so that the user can further access this project.
When the user creates a blank project (not from template), the user is given the option of adding the project himself to the Project Tree. This kind of flexibility should be give to the user even when creating the project from template.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms