Error (18081, 1030) on Transfer Where Requestor Is in Workflow as a Skipped Step and Workflow Goes to Administrator Role as an Error Step
(Doc ID 2073413.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile Manager Desktop - Version 9.1 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using partial position management and transferring an employee between managers in the same department, the requester is in the workflow as a skipped step and workflow goes to all in the admin role with the following error:
Requester (User) is approver on step number 1, path 1, stage 1, but self-approval criteria not met. (18081, 1030)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HRMS > Common Definitions > Direct Reports for Managers > Configure Direct Reports UI
3. Change Access Type to 'By Part Posn Magmt Supervisor' for 'HR_TRANSFER_MGR' Component
4. Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HRMS > Common Definitions > Approvals > Approvals Process Setup
5. Clone 'TransferEmployee' Process ID with Definition ID as 'OPP ManagerOnly' and Effective Date as '01/01/2000'
6. Set Status to 'Active', check 'Default Process Definition' and 'User Auto Approval'
7. On Step Details Add Approver Role Name as 'OPP Manager' and Select Self Approval check box
8. Save new Process and set original to 'Inactive'
9. Navigation: Main Menu > Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > Transfer Employee
10. Select employee, set 'Transfer' as the Reason, and change Supervisor
11. Click Submit and note that Requester shows as Skipped in the Approval Chain and 'Multiple Approvers Error Step' shows as Pending
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document