Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Journal Edit
On release 9.1, bundle 20.
Journal edit validation not happening on interunit lines
User entered journals using spreadsheet upload. The anchor business unit journal line was entered with secondary ledger and zero amount. After import, user ran journal edit.
- Edit created corresponding primary ledger line. This primary ledger line copied the currency from foreign currency on the spreadsheet journal as base currency. This base currency is different from the one defined on business unit setup. However, since this line has zero amount, edit did not mark it in error.
- Edit also created interunit lines with same incorrect business unit/currency combination with non zero amount. But even though these lines had amounts and incorrect BU/currency combination, the lines were not marked in error.
Edit must not create interunit lines with same incorrect business unit/currency combination. If created, journal edit should have marked these lines in error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up 3 Business Unit with ledger group as below:
TGBP1 - Anchor BU - Base GBP, Ledger group ACTUALS with 3 ledgers, ACTLCL, ACTGBP (Translate in GBP) , ACTUSD (Translatein USD)
TGBP2 - Non anchor BU - Base GBP, Ledger group ACTUALS with 3 ledgers, ACTLCL, ACTGBP (Translate in GBP) , ACTUSD (Translate in USD)
TUSD1 - Non anchor BU - Base USD, Ledger group ACTUALS with 1 ledger, ACTLCL
2.. Create a spreadsheet interunit journal with below lines:
Unit Ledger Account Dept ID Affiliate Foreign Currency Amount Base Amount
TGBP1 ACTUSD 620000 10000 USD 0 0
TGBP2 ACTLCL 630000 20000 TUSD1 USD 10 0
TUSD1 ACTUSD 640000 31000 TGBP2 USD -10 -10
3. Run Spreadsheet Journal Import
4. Run batch Journal Edit
5. Journal Edit completes successfully, and the journal is marked to Valid
6. Check the journal lines that got created after edit. The lines (including interunit lines created) for TGBP1/ACTLCL have incorrect base currency USD populated, which should have base currency GBP. The journal is marked as Valid.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms