EGL9.1: Orphan Rows Left In Journal Line Table After User Requesting Some Journal Lines To Be Deleted On The Journal Entry > Line Page And Then Requesting Whole Journal To Be Deleted.
Last updated on NOVEMBER 24, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Journal / Ledger Inquiry
Orphan Rows left in Journal line table after user requesting some journal lines to be deleted on the Journal Entry > Line page and then requesting whole journal to be deleted.
Expect all rows from PS_JRNL_LN to be deleted after requesting delete the journal from PIA.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Under Main Menu>General Ledger>Journals>Journal Entry>Create/Update Journal Entries Create a new journal with multiple business units;
2. Edit the journal by clicking the process button;
3. Journal is saved now. Check in the back end with the journal ID:
SELECT * FROM PS_JRNL_HEADER WHERE JOURNAL_ID = 'your journal id'
SELECT * FROM PS_JRNL_LN WHERE JOURNAL_ID = 'your journal id' AND LEDGER = 'your ledger';
4. Select any of the two lines and delete them by clicking the remove (-) button. But don’t save the page after deleting.
Point to be remember:- You must have to delete transactions of particular Business Unit from the page completely by clicking the remove button;
5. Select "Delete the journal" In Process drop down and Delete the whole journal.
6. Check Front End for the Journal No Matching values were found for the Journal ID.
7. Check in the back End
SELECT * FROM PS_JRNL_HEADER WHERE JOURNAL_ID = 'your journal id' - no rows
SELECT * FROM PS_JRNL_LN WHERE JOURNAL_ID = 'your journal id' AND LEDGER = 'LOCAL' - 1 row returned.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms