ERE: Accounting Distribution Reverts back to Original Values
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Lease Administration - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked relevance 2/26/2018
In release 9.1, production, if changes are made to the accounting distribution, they will revert back to what they were if the changes are made in the Manual Straightline Adjustment Page.
Every time you make a change to a lease that will require that you rerun the straightline, you have to go back in and change the accounting distribution to the desired values.
1. Go to Real Estate Management, Lease Administration, Receivables Leases, Maintain Lease.
2. Select a lease. Do an amendment and add Miscellaneous Rent.
3. Run the straightline and review the straightline entries.
4. View the Accounting Distribution Before Changing - Change the Accounting Distribution and save.
5. Run the straightline again.
6. Review the accounting entries to ensure that changes occurred.
7. Do an amendment to change The Schedule, Calendar and Amounts.
8. Activate the lease and run the straightline -- Ensure that the straightline is correct.
9. Ensure that the changes to the account distribution are still okay. The accounts had changed back to the original accounts prior to the changes.
10. Change the accounts again.
11. Do an amendment to change only an amount in the lease. The amount and the escalation amount for July.
12. Activate the lease and run the straightline - Check the accounting distribution.
13. Change the accounting distribution again.
14. Do an amendment to change the Escalation.
15. Activate the lease and run the straightline - the accounts were changed again
EXPECTED RESULT: If the accounting distribution is overridden making changes to the Lease and re-running the straightline will change the accounting distribution back to what it was if the changes are made in the Manual Straightline Adjustment Page.
Actual results: If the accounting distribution is overridden making changes to the Lease and re-running the straightline will change the accounting distribution back to what it was if the changes are made in the Manual Straightline Adjustment Page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms