Last updated on MARCH 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Adding more than one attachment to a Payment Request causes the links between the PS_PV_ATTACHMENTS table, and the actual Server file to be out of sync. In some cases the ATTACHSYSFILENAME is blank, and other case the wrong actual file name is stored in the ATTACHSYSFILEME field. The first Attachment always seems to be correct, but all the attachments after that are wrong. Because of the invalid ATTACHSYSFILENAME field value, the User either gets an Error Message when trying to view an attachment when the field is blank, or the system pulls up the wrong attachment when not blank.
Also, should the User delete one of the Payment Request uploaded Attachment files via the online application, the system removes the Attachment row the Payment Request tables PS_PV_ATTACHMENTS, and PS_PR_ATT, but not from PS_PV_ATT_DB_SRV, which leaves an orphan file on the Attachment Server.
1. Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
2. Navigate to Employee Self-Service > Payment Request Center
3. Proceed to create a brand new Payment Request
4. Click on the Attachments available link
5. Upload at least 2 different documents for this Payment Request
6. Proceed to query Record Field PS_PV_ATTACHMENTS.ATTACHSYSFILENAME for the Payment Request created, and notice that for the 2nd attachment and further, the field is whether in blank, or containing the incorrect value
7. As such, when trying to open the 2nd file attached, the system is only bringing up a copy of the 1st attachment, which is incorrect
8. Should the User decide to delete one of the Attachments via the Payment Request online application, the same file is not getting removed from the Database Server's record: PS_PV_ATT_DB_SRV table
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The User is not able to properly manage the Attachments of a Payment Request. Should the transaction be submitted for approval, the Approver User will not be able to review the uploaded files, in order to verify that the Payment Request can be verified by the provided documentation. This can potentially delay approvals, and the payments themselves.
The content of the uploaded Files should be displayed properly each time they are being reviewed online, and completely removed from the system's Server should the User manually delete online one of the documents.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms