Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to save the Value Added Tax (VAT) details for a United Kingdom Government Supplier/Vendor at the VAT Registration Details page (VNDR_VAT_RGSTRN), even though the VAT Registration ID value being used has been successfully validated at the European Commission Taxation & Customs website.
European Commission Taxation & Customs website: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatResponse.html
The VAT Registration ID values of GB GD002, GB GD020, and GB GD050 are unable to get saved properly, as the system throws an Error Message when trying to store the data entered.
1. Go to the European Commission Taxation & Customs website below:
2. Validate the VAT Registration ID values needed by selecting the Country required
3. Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
4. Navigate to: Suppliers > Supplier Information > Add/Update > Supplier
5. Click on the Add A New Value tab, and use the following values:
Set ID = SHARE
Supplier ID = NEXT
Persistence = Regular
6. Click on ADD button
7. At the Identifying Information tab, click on the Registration link
8. Define the following values:
Country = GBR
VAT Registration ID = GD002
9. Click on OK button
10. The system throws the Error Message
11. Make the same tests with all needed values, to confirm the problem at hand
" Invalid VAT Registration ID (7450,15)"
Government Suppliers/Vendors cannot be properly configured for their Value Added Tax (VAT) set up, which delays any transactions that need to be booked against them.
The system should not prevent the User from defining a VAT Registration ID value that has been successfully validated at the European Commission Taxation & Customs website.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms