ESFO 9.2: Order Contact Field Not Automatically Populated When Creating New Staffing Order From Contact Hot List
(Doc ID 2080017.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Staffing Front Office - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Whenever a User is creating a brand new Staffing Order via the Contact Hot List pagelet available Action Functionality ('Add Order' option) at FSCM Homepage level, the Contact ID value is not getting automatically defaulted into the new transaction's Order Contact Record Field (PS_RS_SO_HDR.MANAGER_CONTACT_ID) from Staffing Order page (FO_ORDER_HDR), while Customer ID is.
Somehow the system recognizes the Customer ID that has been linked to the Staffing Hot List Contact configured in the Contact Hot List pagelet. However, it is unable to default automatically the Contact ID value into the Order Contact Field.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Customers > Contact Information
- Open the existing Contact ID 0039
- At the Maintain Contacts page, click on the 'Contact Customers' available link
- At the Contact Customers page, select the 'Staffing Hot List' flag of this Contact under Customer ID 0000050039
- Navigate to: Homepage > Content
- Select under the Staffing menu options the below settings:
- Applicant Hot List
- Customer Hot List
- Contact Hot List
- Save the changes
- Navigate to: Homepage
- At the Contact Hot List portal displayed, find Contact ID 0039, and from the Action drop down list, select the option of 'Add Order'
- The system brings the User into the Add/Update Orders page
- Click on ADD button
- Note how at the Order tab, the Customer ID 0000050039 has been selected, but the Order Contact field is left in blank
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Order Contact field (PS_RS_SO_HDR.MANAGER_CONTACT_ID) remains blank, and users need to manually select the Contact ID value. This is not user-friendly, can lead to incorrect values being selected, and confuses the Users, ad using the delivered functionality at the Contact Hot List pagelet level is not providing the expected results.
The Order Contact field should be automatically populated with the Contact ID value of the person chosen at the Contact Hot List pagelet to create a new Staffing Order from.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!