Original Hire Date for a New Employee/POI/CWR gets Overriden with the Effective Date
(Doc ID 2080279.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Original Hire Date for a New Employee/POI/CWR gets overriden with the effective date (EFFDT).
Whenever we try to Override the Original Hire Date for a new Employee ID, the same gets overridden by the system
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Add a Person
2. Fill all the details in Biographical Details, Contact Information and Regional tabs. Come to Organizational Relationship tab select the mentioned details and click Add relationship.
3. Now we routed to Job data page and select any Position Number. I chosen HRIS Specialist then immediately all the related fields are populated with related values in Work Location, Job Information, Payroll, Salary and Compensation tabs. Only In payroll tab give any value in Tax location code
4. Now go to Employment Page. Click on Override check box and set a future date for Original Start Date. Save changes.
5. Come back to Job data page and search with new employee id. Go to Employment page the Original Start Date was reset to the effective date from job data.
6. We are able to override changes once the employee data is saved and saved data can be overridden
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document