Last updated on APRIL 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Split Line, which results in error, is deleted from the Expense Report the Distribution, Reimbursement and Amount Due to Employee doesn't update.
1) Create an Expense Report.
2) Select Expense Type as Hotel / Lodging and amount = 600.
3) Select Action as "Default Accounting For Report" and click Go.
4) Split the Accounting Lines into 2 lines with % as 50 and have different Projects, say, FINPROJ and ALLPROJ.
5) Now Split the Expense Line with Expense Type = Mobile and Amount = 30.
6) Check the Amount of the Accounting / Distribution Lines of the Expense Line (Expense Type = Mobile and Amount = 30).
7) Enter the value as 15 in both Accounting / Distribution Lines
8) Save Expense Report
9) System will throw an error
Accounting Detail: The sum of distribution amounts must equal the Expense Amount. Accounting Ln 1
Accounting Detail: The sum of distribution amounts must equal the Expense Amount. Accounting Ln 2
10) Delete this split line created in step 5
11) Save and submit the report
a) After Step 10
The Reimbursement Amount doesn't update.
b) After Step 10
The Amount field for the Chartfield Rows in the line Accounting Details doesn't update.
c) After Step 11
Expense Report submit confirmation page shows incorrect value in Amount Due to Employee field.
The amounts should be updated correctly after the split line is deleted.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps containing the complete configuration and the Replication Steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms