Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Billing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Bill Entry
9.2 Bills are invoiced with Accounting Entries out-of-balance
Billing Accounting Distribution does not calculate properly when then accounting distributions are set to 0 for percent and amount. These entries generate journals which are out-of-balance and fail in GL
Billing Accounting Distribution calculated properly when then accounting distributions are set to 0 for percent and amount.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create new bill, Customer USA99 , US001 Operations InteUnit Customer, InterUnit box is ticked,
- Enter line info, enter Acctg-Rev Distribution, 100% and amount 5.00
- Save, then delete percentage and amount
- Delete Quantity, UOM, Unit Price,Change Gross Extended Amount
- Go Back to Accounting. Percent is blank and amount is 0.
- Hit Save, Get the following message: Acctg amts for bill line seq 1 sum to Gross Extended Amt, but total percent does not sum to 100% (12500,41). Please change necessary percentages on Accounts so the total of all percentages does not exceed 100%
- Change Percent to 100, get message: Recalculate Rounding Error by percentage or Amount
- Use Recalc by percent.
- Hit Ok, get message : Amounts do not total to gross extended amt due to rounding. Apply difference to current line ? (12500,38)
- Hit Ok. Document is saved but amount is 0.0 on Bill Line distribution,
- Go to Header, set bill to RDY, and save Invoice.
- Invoice billed, run Single Action Invoice process and all other processes BIPRELD.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users can save a bill with 0.0 amount.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms