E-PORTAL: Portal Security Sync Enhancement
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Having permission list X granting menu/component access to a particular component
- That component has a content reference associated with it under folder A (could be several levels of folder hierarchy)
- Run Portal Security sync - this will grant synchronise the security on the parent folder. The permission lists will sit against that folder and the content reference.
- Amend the permission list to remove the security access to that component. Note the permission list is not deleted. Complete this in a non-production environment and migrate the permission list through to another environment via Application Designer
- Run Portal security sync in the target environment. The permission list is removed from the content reference, but is not removed from the parent folder.
It should be removed from the parent folder as well
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms