Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM ePerformance - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ePerformance: Formatted text causing false language checker hit in 9.2
The use of formatted text in some cases is causing the Language Checker to report a "hit" on a word that is NOT included anywhere in the text.
Language Checker should display message only if the checked word is used in the comment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Set Up HCM -> Product Related -> ePerformance -> Advisor Tools -> Language Checker Suggestions
2. Create Suggestion ID = 3 and Language Suggestion:
"Is this word(s) relevant or appropriate to the employee's job performance?
Use care when describing age,personal problems,religious or political affiliations,medical conditions or family issues.
Please revise your statement if used in this context"
3. Go to Set Up HCM ->Product Related -> ePerformance -> Advisor Tools -> Language Checker Words
4. Create Language Check ID = W69 Word : family / Custom Defined/ Suggestion ID =3
5. Go to Set Up HCM -> Product Related -> ePerformance -> Document Structure -> Template Definition
6. Create Template Definition QAUSPP / "QA USABILITY PERFORMANCE DOCUM" having "“Language Checker” " checked , "Define Criteria" unchecked and
"Track Progress" checked.
7. Created evaluation and entered the formatted comment , which does NOT contain the word “family”, then hit “Check Language”
8. A message : "Word found 'family' in 'Employee is out of work a lot' " is displayed
9. If one remove the formatting, change the font, and type it in like this, with the default formatting, one do NOT get the hit with Language Checker.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms