EAR9.2: Rounding Variance Is Not Getting Posted To A Rounding Account
Last updated on JULY 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, AR Update - Posting
ARUPDATE process not posting the Base Currency Rounding variance to a Rounding Account for a Foreign Currency Item.
ARUPDATE process should post the Base Currency Rounding variance to a Rounding Account for a Foreign Currency Item.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Use Business Unit US001 that has base currency USD. Enter an online pending item in the amount of EUR 33,139.73. Use exchange rate 1.06671010. The base amount would be USD 35,350.48.
- Run ARUPDATE to post the item. Use the Receivable Maintenance Worksheet to write off debit (MT-03) in the amount of EUR 31,067.24.
- Run ARUPDATE to post the maintenance entry. There should now be EUR 2,072.49 left on the item balance.
- Use the Receivable Maintenance Worksheet to write off debit (MT-03) again in the amount of EUR 2,445.93. A credit line in the amount of EUR 373.44 would be automatically created by the system on the maintenance worksheet. Write off this remaining credit EUR 373.44 as well.
- Run ARUPDATE. The item should now be closed. Both BAL_AMT and BAL_AMT_BASE in the ITEM table now reflect $0.
- When summing the EUR amounts from all 4 activities, the total is 0, which is correct. However, when summing the USD base amounts from all 4 activities, the total is -0.01. ARUPDATE did not automatically post the -0.01 to the rounding account. This is causing an out of balance when reviewing the receivable account balance in the base currency.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms