Last updated on MARCH 17, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Batch
PSA_ACCTGGL is not creating the accounting entries as expected when combination edits are turned on to have a rule with any account but the project should be blank. Accounting rules are defined to have the Project value as "None" rather than "Source". Process says the "Rows excluded due to invalid ChartField combinations " in message log and when clicked on Explain button, it says "Rows were marked invalid by ChartField Combination Editing. Invalid rows were written to PS_PSA_CMBOERR_TA1 with Process Instance %1. Correct the appropriate ChartField Assignments, then run the Accounting Engine again. "
PSA_ACCTGGL should create the accounting entries as expected in the use case above. Since the Account and blank project is a valid combination
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:1. Create a Project Tree with blank leaves.
2. Create a combination rule such that any Account with blank project is marked as valid. Build Combination data
3. Associate this rule with the ledger group using "Ledger for a Unit" page for the business unit.
4. Create a Contract, associate a Rate based contract line. Using contract terms page, associate a Project and Activity. Associate a Rate Plan such that an ACT will generate a BIL row
5. Process an ACT transaction for this activity that generates a BIL row.
6. Create Accounting Rules for BIL rows such that the under the Accounting Entries section, the Project Value is chosen as "None"
7. Run PSA_ACCTGGL process. The process will not process the data to CA_ACCTG_LN_PC because of combo edit issues even when the combination is valid
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms