DEPT_SRCH_QRY Not Working With Role-Based Security Model
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
DEPT_SRCH_QRY not working with Role-Based security model
Using a security model using the ROWSECCLASS on PSOPRDEFN as basis for Row-Level Security to a Role-Based setup. Queries that use records that have the DEPT_SRCH_QRY as the Query Security Record are not working, the queries are not returning any rows of data.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make any query containing table Ps_Dept_Budget. This will bring security join table DEPT_SRCH_QRYin query.
2. Verify the row returned.
3. The security by permission list is not working as expected.
Other way to see the same issue:
1. Open DEPT_SRCH_QRY definition using App Designer
2. Get the SQL behind the Record View
3. Right click and Resolve Meta SQL.
4. Compare the resolved SQL with the fix made for DEPT_SEC_SRCH.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms