Last updated on JUNE 13, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 MP 14 (bundle #35), Online Journal Entry
PC bu / Project / Activity error on journal entry with already-generated suspense lines
Customer reporting that online journal entry lines page should “not” check
for PC BU / Project / Activity combination on SYSTEM-generated lines such as
suspense lines. Same issue also reported in the following bug for system-
generated InterUnit and IntraUnit lines – Bug 21056098 - THE SYSTEM DOES
NOT ALLOW TO SPECIFY THE PC BU IN THE INTRAUNIT TEMPLATE.
Customer would like system-generated lines to get bypassed the checking of PC
BU / Project / Activity, and allow for system-generated lines to contain Project with
blank PC BU and blank Activity.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up suspense edit at journal source
2. Set up combo edit for invalid account/dept
3. Enter journal online with invalid dept for account, including PC BU / Project / Activity in chartfield string
4. Run journal edit
5. A suspense line is generated for the line with invalid dept for account, containing suspense account plus project
6. Whether Click on Save or click on Post, get the error message that suspense line is missing a PC BU / Project / Activity combination -
“The following combination is not Valid: PC Business Unit: , Project: POST-IMPLEMENT, Activity: (13100,710)
PC Business Unit - Project - Activity combination is not valid. Please, select a valid combination”
Due to this issue, users cannot further process the journal by posting it then doing the needed suspense correction on the journal.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms